Ok this recipe/video has been shared I don’t know how many times on Facebook or other social media sites. It’s for that peanut butter lover in your life. In my case my roomie. Yeah. It all started to innocently when my best friend posted it to my Facebook wall. I watched the video and then my roomie seen it and was like can you do that?
Yes it was a loaded question, and yes I knew I could make them. The main question was did I want to make them and what did it all entail? So I went to Delish’s website and saw how incredibly easy these were to make. Needless to say roomie was happy, like a kid in the candy store after a toys r us spree happy.
So without much more to say except that these are super peanut buttery, and very addictive and go awesome with coffee, and the filling can be changed to Oreo cookies, rolo’s and tons more. Your imagination and comfort level are all that are stopping you.
Peanut butter lovers ~only~ By Delish.
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Scoop into small balls (about 1 1/2″) and freeze until ready to use.
- Make cookies: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat with a hand mixer on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a flat, pancake-like circle. Place the frozen peanut butter ball on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the frozen peanut butter ball and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used, spacing the cookies about 2” apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom, about 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Let me or heck even them know how well they turned out. Oh another thing these are not small cookies at all. I got lucky and ended up with a baker’s dozen (13) instead of a dozen.